Send us your pitches for issue 2!
We are on the hunt for writing that captures Australian attitudes to sexual diversity in 2014. (Historical and overseas content is welcome, as long as it has an Australian slant.)
What we are looking for:
* Archer values honest and open communication; real human stories; difference and sameness; inclusivity.
* Our writers are gay, straight, asexual, bisexual, in-between, not sure… everyone is welcome. Our favourite articles are interesting, universal and forward. Our favourite topics are racy, but not gratuitous; the sort of thing you won’t read anywhere else.
* We accept photo submissions with articles, where applicable.
* Writing experience is preferred, but you don’t need to be an award-winning journalist. (We would prefer you were fascinating, entertaining and honest, rather than grammatically immaculate.)
* We pay our writers.
* We suggest you grab a copy of Archer to get a feel for our style. If your pitch is successful, we will send some editorial guidelines and help you through the editing/revising process.
Send your story ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st.
Text by Amy Middleton
Image via Instagram (@archermagazine)
ARCHER MAGAZINE presents ‘Writing About Sex, Gender and Identity: A summer’s night of readings and discussion’
The most read stories of 2018: Sex, relationships, and mental health
Archer Magazine issue #11 – the GAZE issue
SYDNEY: Archer Magazine x Queerstories is here!
Archer Magazine issue #10 – the HISTORY issue
The most-read stories of 2017: Coming out, calling out, and getting married
Transgender kids, polyamory + porn and sex ed: Archer Magazine’s FAMILY issue!